The days are slow. The weekends almost non-existent. The parties have been put on the back-burner. It’s safe to say 2020 has been anything but a piece of cake for wedding and event planners across the globe.
Speaking of cakes, we could all do with one, in these testing times where Zoom weddings seem to have taken up the mantle in the wedding planning space.
But we simply cannot take away the importance that these saccharine-clad delicacies hold, at any wedding. With celebrity big-wigs like the Jonas-Chopra, Virushka and every other high-end wedding spending top-dollar on designer cakes, it is without a shadow of doubt that cakes are a significant part of any wedding.
As we roll back the years, the wedding cakes go back to the era of the Roman Empire if you would want to find its origins. Funnily, the cakes back in the day were not really meant for the guests who came for the weddings. A lot has changed since the days of Julius Caesar and cakes have become fancier than ever, with varieties unheard of both for display and savouring at a wedding.
Themed cakes have been the norm for couples in the recent past as there has been no dearth of variety in the way bakers have been whipping up absolute beauts for weddings. Some of the popular wedding cakes which hogged the limelight include that of Sofia Vergara (of Modern Family fame) & Joe Manganiello and Nick Jonas-Priyanka Chopra’s whose weddings graced some of the most audaciously made cakes in the recent past.
Well, for a wedding planner it becomes paramount to give ideas to the couples on the different ways you could dress up ‘the’ cake on their special day.
So here are a few tips to make your clients’ wedding cake all the more memorable.
- Add a dash of colour and a bit of flowery vibe to your cake
- Customize your cake with a blast from the past with a retro look by making it monochromatic
- Ever tried making square cakes? Have a shot at non-round tier cakes for a completely unorthodox look
- Go all the way and try your hand, literally and metaphorically, at hand-painted details on your wedding cake
- To top it off, go beyond the ordinary and try out some LEGO based cake designs to add a more nostalgic feel to your wedding cake.
All in all, it becomes imperative for couples to embrace this unsung hero of every wedding.
So shake a leg, bake a cake, take a slice and rejoice the wedding day with a sweet tooth and a touch of the extraordinary.
P.S: Don’t forget to mask up your lovebirds.